Sunday, March 22, 2009

One More Hour

Monday, March 23, 1:10 pm - One more hour before we leave for the Guangdong Civil Affairs Department where we will receive Aidan. I was pretty calm and collected up 'til now. I'm starting to get a little jumpy. Maybe it's the Diet Coke, I don't know.

About an hour ago I got the call from our guide Jack for final instructions before we meet him and the other families we will be with. The Newell family, a Bethany family with whom we have been corresponding via email, just arrived from Beijing and Anne Marie came to my room and introduced herself. They had not yet heard from Jack and so I filled them in on what was going on.

It's the middle of the night for all of you back in the US, but my first duty is to video call Julie on Skype (what a great thing that has been!) no matter what time it is, per her instructions. As soon as I can, I'll be posting pictures for the rest of the world to see.

No comments: