Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tomorrow's the Big Day

Sunday, March 22, 6:45 pm - The paperwork is ready. The money is in order. The thank-you gifts (chocolate and lip balm) are ready to be delivered to the orphanage workers. Tomorrow afternoon is "zero hour" when we finally receive Aidan Tianzhen. Now, the question is, "Am I ready?" Part of me feels very confident ... Mr. Experienced Dad. Another part of me has no idea what he's doing ... Mr. Cross-that-bridge-when-we-come-to-it. Then there's that part that is totally freaked out. I don't have a name for that part, but I know I don't like it. Thankfully, Jan is along on this journey to tell me what to do when I freeze up with that deer-in-the-headlights look.

On a lighter note, my faith has been restored in the Italian cuisine available in China. After last night's craptacularly bad spaghetti, we tried a place with REAL Italian food tonight. It was dynamite. I had lasagna. Jan had spinach ravioli. We ended the meal with some terrific gelato. We will definitely be back. Ciao for now! I mean "Zai Jian!"

No comments: